Friday, March 26, 2010

My Role in Wesnoth participation team

I was arranged to write a WML code in Red team. There were lot of problems in the start. As I am not a programmer and don't know much of it, my plan was to learn the logic of the existing projects and try to understand it. So I took some projects and changed their maps, scenarios units etc. and ended up with game crash several times. From there we were stuck with our team and I had an idea to start from scratch and try to build it step by step. We were succeeding more and more with this approach and ended up with working campain consist 4 scenarios. I was helped by Maarja, Jakob and Elise and we were constantly programming it many many evenings. Finally we undestood the logic of the code and the structure. We found that asking questions from Westnoth chatroom is the quickest way to get solution to the coding problems.

No comments: