Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Digital Enforcement

Write a short analysis about applicability of copying restrictions - whether you consider them useful, in which cases exceptions should be made etc.

I the sense of intellectual property copy restriction as a mesure indeed. I think still that software companies can earn more money if they leave their software open for copying. For example software which is open is much easily learnable for people who don't even know hoow it works and what is good about it. So they have a chance to try it and later to consider to have a licensed copy of it. I have to admit, that I always try software before I buy it, so is this a crime? Am I a thief now? The company will anyway get their bucks. For a decade software companies are launcing shareware versions of their software which is keeping me away doing illegal copies, but still 14 days for trying is not maybe enough to understand the best needs for you.

I think copying exeptions should be allowed to universities and other learning institutions, to give a "taste of knowing" to young people and educate them to use and get profit from the software. As with the buss ticket, students and school pupils have possibility to drive free in software world it should be the same. Ofcourse there is a problem with identifying the person as beeing a student or pupil, but this can be regulated with the software use only in computer classes inside the educational institution.

No comments: